Ahjo Accelerator Program helps ambitious teams take the next step with their business idea. The program brings experienced entrepreneurs, coaches and experts in various fields to help the teams with their business model validation, product development, and raising funding. Out of Ahjo (forge in English), every team comes out more prepared for the next stage of making the business reality. The outcome might be the first customer, funding, or a product with validated value to customers.
ScheduleAhjo is an six-week period of training, coaching, and working, starting on October 26th, with a grand finale on December 2nd.
The way we workThe first weeks of the program follow the same agenda. Teams commit to attend the following weekly events:
- Weekly coaching sessions: Held by Petri Vilen and Eetu Kirsi, teams can choose the most suitable time for them
- Tuesday or wednesday: guest speaker and team coaching sessions
- During the week: occasional meetings for the teams to get together and get support
Apply nowApplication deadline is October 6th, but teams are being selected already. A limited number of teams can be selected, so apply now! All events are available only for the teams in the program.
Every week brings new guests to give a talk. Also, each team gets a chance to talk with the guest about their idea.
- Oct. 23-34th: Ahjo pre-camp for teams
- Oct. 26th to Dec. 2nd: Weekly talks, speakers to be published later.
- Dec 2nd: Demoday aka Grande finale party
- The head coach of the program is Petri Vilén. He is an entrepreneur, who started his first company at the age of 15. Since then he has been building web services, co-founding and managing several companies, and helping growth companies with branding and new product development. He is also a visiting lecturer at Aalto University and an active member in the startup scene of Finland. Petri will guide, coach, and challenge you to make your ideas happen in this fast-paced program.
- The other coach of Ahjo is Eetu Kirsi, a serial entrepreneur based in Mikkeli. He is very active in the local scene, and brings a lot of knowledge to teh program. He describes himself: "By day I am a start-up entrepreneur with a great international team of professionals. I have experience on leading and managing growth business with over 200% annual revenue increase (planbrothers.io). By night I am a self-proclaimed culturalist. Books, movies, music, theater, sports and traveling are all right up my alley. I have a mission of getting better every day. So far it has worked out quite well."